I've been on the hunt for the perfect leopard print faux fur coat FOR YEARS, one that's super soft and comfortable and doesn't make me look like the Michelin Man, and I've finally found it! Next on my shopping list is a longline camel coat, let me know if you've seen any good ones recently?
I've swapped my usual straighteners for the much talked about L'Oreal Steampod and I have to say, I love it. Not only does it make my hair smooth, glossy and poker straight, it's also SO quick to use. Let's go into a bit more detail...
What is the Steampod?
It's a styling tool that uses steam to straighten your hair. Steam is an indirect, gentler form of heat, therefore it's kinder to your strands and it also helps maintain your hair's natural moisture levels when styling.
How the Steampod works:
- - You pour water into this little tank, up to the 'max' line. It is then heated to create steam which passes through a cord to the straightener.
- - The pod must be kept flat, so there are little suction feet on the bottom to keep it firmly in place. This also stops you tipping it over by accident!
- - You can see a line of round circles inside the straightener, these are the steam outlets. They provide a continuous flow of steam as soon as you clamp the straightener down.
- - It's important you hold the straightener with these outlets at the bottom, that way the steam hits your hair before the plates do. There are little arrows on the straightener to show you which way to hold it.
- - One of the straightening plates is slightly bouncy rather than being fixed in place. This allows more flexibility depending on the thickness of your hair.
- - There's a removable comb, which I leave in as it helps distribute my strands evenly over the plates.
- - There are five heat settings ranging from 140-210 degrees, I like to use it on 200 degrees. The device will remember your preferred temperature every time you switch it on.
I've filmed a tutorial on my YouTube channel showing how I straighten my hair with the Steampod, which I've included at the end of this post.
Why do I like it?
For me, the best thing about the Steampod is how quick it works. It takes about two or three minutes to straighten all of my hair (and I do have a lot of it!), and it gives incredible shine. My hair feels silky smooth and it stays straight for two days, so I only need to use the Steampod every other day. I also like knowing it's kinder to my hair - as my hair is so long, I'm always looking for ways to keep it in the best condition possible.
L'Oreal Professionnel has always been my favourite brand for haircare products. Everything I've tried from them has been great, and I particularly love their Mythic Oil Seve Protectrice which has been a staple in my haircare routine for years.
As for the Steampod haircare range, there are three products available and I have two of them. While you don't need these products to use the Steampod, I do find they work really well together.
I apply this while my hair is damp. It contains pro-keratin technology, which is activated by the steam to help protect your hair when styling. It leaves my hair soft and nourished without feeling heavy.
I apply this serum to the ends of my hair once dry, before using the Steampod. It helps seal the hair cuticles while adding shine and again feels silky and lightweight.
The L'Oreal Steampod retails for £185 but it's currently on offer here for £139. It also comes in a limited edition 'Brazil Fantasy' design, which is available to buy here.
Have you got your eye on the Steampod? I reckon it might be cropping up on quite a few Christmas lists this year!
Watch my tutorial below: (And check out my YouTube channel here!)